Complaints Procedure

COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE – Section 29 of the Education Act 2002 states that governing bodies are required to have in place procedures for dealing with complaints

If you are unhappy with any aspect of your child’s education or experience at school you should make an appointment to see the class teacher. We would hope that discussing the matter with the teacher should be enough to resolve the problem. However if you are still unhappy and wish to take the matter further you should make an appointment to see the Head-teacher. If after discussion with the Headteacher the matter remains unresolved you should tell the Head-teacher that you wish to make a formal complaint which should be done in writing and addressed to the Headteacher.

If the matter continues to remain unresolved the Headteacher will give you a copy of the Complaints Procedure, the name and address of the Clerk to the Governors of the school, and the name of the person to write to in the Education Department at County Hall.

You will be asked to make your complaint in writing, but if you wish, you will be able to attend a meeting either of the School Governors or of members and officers of the County Council, when your complaint is considered and explained to them.

Here is a link to the Norfolk Schools Website.