EYFS/KS1 1:1 Teaching Assistant
13 hours per week Tuesdays and Thursdays, Term-time only
Scale C £8.74 – £9.01 per hour
Fixed Term Contract until 5 April 2019
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who will contribute to developing a creative and enriching learning environment for our children. Initially the post is for 2 days per week, but there is possibility of this being extended to 4 days on a longer term basis.
The post is to support a child in Reception under the direction of the SENCO and Class Teacher. The role involves supporting the child in a mainstream classroom, in small groups and working one-to-one.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who is enthusiastic and can work as part of a small staff team and achieve good levels of progress for our pupils and has:-
- Experience of supporting teaching and learning in an EYFS environment.
- Experience of supporting SEN pupils.
- Able to record children’s learning through observations and next steps.
- Puts the well-being, happiness and progress of children first.
- Able to communicate with all members of our school community.
- Demonstrate initiative.
Candidates need to have attained or be working towards an appropriate NVQ Level 2, or hold a similar qualification to be considered. Applications are encouraged from people who have experience of and commitment to working with pupils with learning difficulties.
Closing Date: 21 January 2019 – 15:00