Learning for Life… to be the best you can be
Our Vision at Happisburgh CE VA Primary & Early Years School is for our children to recognise and achieve their fullest potential as individuals. We strive to support their academic, creative, personal, moral and spiritual development, within a happy, caring and stimulating environment with Christian values at it’s heart. We are a nurturing Church school with a strong family ethos, and place high value on our links with the local church and the wider community.
We look to achieve outstanding standards of teaching and learning and ensure high standards of achievement, to create a community where learning is for life and all forms of learning and achievement are celebrated. Classroom focus is on challenge and engagement, with the formal curriculum being enhanced by extended activities to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Together, with parents, we raise our children’s aspirations and achieve excellence through their enjoyment of learning. We aspire to inspire everyone to be the best that they can be, to provide innovative learning opportunities in a forward thinking environment, where all pupils are prepared to embark on future challenges with excitement and confidence, and where our children are ready to begin their next step of education at secondary school.
Aims and Values
- To achieve excellence through our children’s enjoyment of learning.
- To give all children the opportunities to reach their full potential.
- To raise standards of each individual child’s achievement in relation to prior attainment.
- To achieve high standards of quality teaching and learning and ensure high standards of achievement.
- To ensure all children have opportunities to learn in many exciting ways in a creative curriculum.
- To provide a wide range of extended school activities including sports to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- To provide a stimulating, attractive school which has a warm, welcoming atmosphere for all.
- To use the school’s resources efficiently to ensure good value for money and to be models for reducing, reusing and recycling.
- To promote an ethos which ensures that all children feel safe and happy.
- To equip children to be lifelong learners with the skills and attitudes to be responsible members of society.
- To help children learn about sustainable living by bringing them closer to the natural world and to capture their imagination in outdoor play and learning.
- To promote Christian values in the life of the school through partnership with the local churches.
- To develop an awareness and respect of their own cultures and beliefs and those of other people.
- To be a model for inclusion enabling all members to participate in school life.
- To encourage and praise the positive in each child not just academic achievement.