Happisburgh CE VA Primary & Early Years School
2017 Agreed First Admissions VA School Admissions Policy
If there are more applications for places than there are places available, we will give preference to children living nearest to the school, according to the following rules in this order of priority:
- Children for whom a statement of special educational needs names the school;
- Children who are looked after;
- Children residing in the school’s catchment area;
- Children out of the catchment area with brothers or sisters already attending school at the time of their admission;
- Other children residing outside the schools catchment area with those living nearest being given a higher priority with distance measured on a straight-line crow fly basis.
If all children within any of the above rules cannot be offered a place, the highest priority will be given to children living nearest to the school within that rule. To determine who lives nearest, distance will be measured on a straight line crow fly basis, using Ordinance Survey data. The address will be measured from the post office address point on the property. If following the application of admission rules and distance, two applicants cannot be separated for a final place at a school the Governing Body will use random allocation to determine the priority for the remaining place.
Transition from pre-school to reception is not automatic and must be applied for via Norfolk County Council Admissions.
To apply for pre-school:
Phone: 01692 650335
To apply online for school:
Apply online: www.admissionsonline.norfolk.gov.uk
Application Forms can be obtained from Norfolk County Council Tel: 0344 800 8020