Learning for Life …
to be the best you can be
‘ Let your Light shine ‘
Our Vision at Happisburgh CE VA Primary & Early Years School is for our children to recognise and achieve their fullest potential as individuals. We strive to support their academic, creative, personal, moral and spiritual development, within a happy, caring and stimulating environment with Christian values at it’s heart. We are a nurturing Church school with a strong family ethos, and place high value on our links with the local church and the wider community.
We look to achieve outstanding standards of teaching and learning and ensure high standards of achievement, to create a community where learning is for life and all forms of learning and achievement are celebrated. Classroom focus is on challenge and engagement, with the formal curriculum being enhanced by extended activities to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Together, with parents, we raise our children’s aspirations and achieve excellence through their enjoyment of learning. We aspire to inspire everyone to be the best that they can be, to provide innovative learning opportunities in a forward thinking environment, where all pupils are prepared to embark on future challenges with excitement and confidence, and where our children are ready to begin their next step of education at secondary school.
At Happisburgh Primary and Early Years School, our vision is to develop confident, inquisitive and independent learners, both children and staff, who are willing to take charge of their learning. Learning for life to be the best you can be.
We believe that each child will achieve success by:
- An open and welcoming partnership between school, home and the community so that children are able to confidently share their enjoyment of learning with their families.
- Learning through visits within our local environment to enrich the children’s learning and life experiences.
- A progressive, inclusive and creative curriculum that inspires and excites children to reach high standards and their full potential with appropriate links to our local area.
- Innovative and good quality teaching which empowers children to become investigative and independent learners.
- An ethos of support, encouragement and challenge enabling all to achieve exceptional standards and develop a positive attitude to achievement based on a ‘Growth Mindset’.
- Valuing, celebrating and embracing diversity and individuality from all aspects of the community and showing sensitivity to one another.
- An embedded culture of hope, truth, respect, friendship and responsibility linked to our Christian values so that we all learn together in a community showing sensitivity to all.
- Learning about how to stay healthy by promoting healthy eating and exercise.
- Having high self-esteem and the confidence to try even when we get things wrong in a safe and happy environment.
- Being flexible and adaptable for the demands of the modern world whilst developing a positive sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline.
- School Council: “We want to develop kind, generous, polite , positive and ambitious individuals”.